domingo, 26 de setembro de 2010

When I open my eyes I see...

Como prometido, meu primeiro texto em inglês!

When I open my eyes I see a white ceilling that is not the white ceiling that I’m used to, it takes me a few moments to understand where I am, and in these few moments that lasts no more than the time of two or three blinkeds I remember the things that I left behind, that I left below my so well known white ceiling. Sometimes this memories hurts and I ask myself if the choice that I made of looking for a new white ceiling was the right thing to do, my old white ceiling used to make me feel so safe and confortable. But as I said before, this thoughts lasts no more than a few seconds and by the fourth or fifth blinked my eyes starts to see what really is going on, they see my new white ceiling and realize that this is my reality now, and then my eyes gets so excited about all the new images that are going to fill them just by oppening the front door and start a brand new day. The trees in my street, the kids playing basketball, the yellow cabs, the skyscrapers. All these new colors, new faces, new bodies, new movements bringing a fresh new vision to my old eyes. And by this time it’s not only my eyes that are experiencing this new world, but all my body. My nose feels all these different smells : hot dogs, falafels, burritos, pretzels. My ears hears so many different sounds : subway coming, jazz in the street, horns, preechers, latin, japanese, turkish accents. My skin feels the sun, the wind and the anouncement of the fall that starts to bring the cold that my body dosen’t want to feel. And finally my mouth tries to put in words all these thing that I’m feeling, in a language that it’s not mine. A language that is so familiar to me, that I always heard in the movies, songs an tv, that I willed to be my own language when I was a little girl. A desire that kind of came true, and now I borrow this language, with all do respect, to express what I see when I open my eyes.   


3 comentários:

  1. Me encanta. Sin más. ME ENCANTA! :)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. mari peguei o dicionario - ingles pro francês - pra entender tudo! e entendi!!!! e adorei! é muito lindo! que delicia todas essas descobertas! você vai muito longe, eu sei! sinto daqui! continue continue continue! e daqui serei sua espectadora admirada e torcedora fiel! rs! love u honey!
    je t'aime!
    your old sister!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. MA!! Fiquei emocionada... adorei!
    bjs

    ResponderExcluir