quarta-feira, 6 de outubro de 2010

I'm afraid of...

I’m afraid of airplanes, of heights, and of the dark. I’m afraid of violence and fatalities, I’m terrified of things that can change the course of your life without warning.
When I was a little girl I was afraid of dogs, and then once, on a summer day I was at my uncle’s house at the countryside and three dogs surrounded me and kept barking for a long two minutes in my face; it was the most horrible moment of my life, I still can feel this fear when I close my eyes and remember this moment. But since my brother got home with that beautiful pet ten years ago, I’m not afraid of dogs anymore; I actually find them really cute. Now I’m much more terrified by the humans, who bark cruel words just to harm each other, and do it consciously.
I’m also afraid of frustration, of falling in love and of new things, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t fall in love, that I don’t chase my dreams even knowing that I can fail and that I’m not seeking them all the time. All these things that I said can scare me, but I’m definitely not a coward; actually I’m a pretty brave girl and I’m not afraid of facing my fears. I want to travel the whole world even on airplanes. I go in high-heels to face the heights and when it’s dark I light a match. I’m not afraid of beeing afraid; I like the way I feel when I face my fear, it’s like riding on a rollercoaster. The fear doesn’t paralyze me; it’s what makes me move forward, and that’s how I keep going, fearing the unknown. But at the same time excited. 

4 comentários:

  1. Gostei mto , Mari. Ainda bem que não fui a uncle que tinha os cachorros maus , né? Saudades de vc !Bj

    ResponderExcluir
  2. me encanta...yo tambien le tenia miedo a los perros hasta que mi hermana trajo uno...y a conducir...hasta este verano...
    ahora que el resto me tenga miedo a mi..jajaja (risa de mala)
    mira esto. te adoro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btAuW_rd1Bc

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Nossa Mari! Que lindo texto!!! Parabéns! Lindo mesmo!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Mari, adorei o texto e o post sobre o ballet, está uma delícia acompanhar tudo pelo blog. Keep writing...! :)
    Beijo Bia

    ResponderExcluir